Your initial consultation will be a very in depth review of your goals and medical history before any procedure is recommended. Scheduling your procedure will be based on information collected, your current health and dates available for your surgery.
During your liposuction consultation you should be prepared to discuss:
- Your surgical goals
- Medical conditions, drug allergies and medical treatments
- Current medications, vitamins, herbal supplements, alcohol, tobacco and drug use
- Previous surgeries (all types)
Your liposuction surgeon will also:
- Evaluate your general health status
- Review any pre-existing health conditions or risk factors
- Take photographs for a base line
- Discuss your liposuction
- Review with you: surgical and no surgical options for body shaping
- Recommend a course of treatment
- Discuss likely outcomes of liposuction
- Cover any risks or potential complications and how they are handled
- Show you before/after photos so you can be more comfortable with your potential outcome
The consultation is the time to ask your plastic surgeon questions about the process, the surgery and recovery time.
You need to understand all aspects of your liposuction procedure before you can determine if surgery is your best solution. Discuss all your feelings, goals and any anxieties with your plastic surgeon at your consultation meeting so you can both determine the best course of action for your body shaping and weight loss.