Dermal fillers, often called soft tissue fillers, are designed to be injected beneath the surface of the skin to add volume and fullness to your face.
Dermal filler ingredients include:
- Calcium hydroxyapatite, which is a mineral-like compound found in bones.
- Hyaluronic acid, which is found in some fluids and tissues in the body that add plumpness to the skin.
- Polyalkylimide, a transparent gel that is compatible with the body.
- Polylactic acid, which stimulates the skin to make more collagen.
- Polymethyl-methacrylate microspheres (PMMA), a semi-permanent filler
Each one of these is designed to treat different signs of aging to reduce lines, wrinkles and sagging skin. Many fillers will last 6 months, some last up to 2 years. You should discuss your needs and expectations with a board certified plastic surgeon to determine your best course of action.
Before you make your decision for any procedure, you should come in for a free consult with Dr Hirschfeld to make sure your surgical selection is the best option. Come in and talk to Dr Hirschfeld and let him help you determine the best course of action to achieve your desired results. Call today (813) 972-2299 or email [email protected]